Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We are growing! Please review the career listing below and watch for more opportunities in the coming months!
~ JOB POSTING ANNOUNCEMENT~
Director of Outreach and Community Engagement
Friends of Levitt Pavilion Dayton (FLPD) is a nonprofit organization founded in 2016 to launch, program, and fundraise for the Levitt Pavilion Dayton in partnership with the City of Dayton and the national Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation. The Levitt Pavilion will be part of the national Levitt network of outdoor music venues and will present an annual summer series of 50 free professional concerts, from acclaimed emerging talent to seasoned award-winning performers in all music genres. FLPD is committed to building community through music, celebrating the diversity of the Dayton region, collaborating with community groups and other nonprofits in activating the Levitt Pavilion, and enriching lives through arts access. The Levitt Pavilion will become an anchor cultural asset in Dayton and the Miami Valley, providing residents of all ages and backgrounds the experience of high caliber entertainment in a welcoming, open lawn setting.
The Director of Outreach and Community Engagement will provide leadership to Levitt Pavilion Dayton in the areas of marketing and communications; donor and partnership cultivation; and oversight of the continued engagement with existing key stakeholders. The scope of responsibility includes delivering an exceptional customer experience for the sponsors, donors, concert attendees, volunteers and others who are connected to Levitt Dayton and participating with the leadership team in the programming of a culturally diverse concert season. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and is a full-time, exempt position.
Education and Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (or commensurate professional experience) and minimum of three (3) years of marketing experience. Must show demonstrated success in developing highly loyal organizational relationships in the community. Event planning and execution helpful. Must have the ability to pass a background check and drug test.
Key Responsibility: Manage Marketing & PR/Communication Plan/Strategy
- Develop and manage the marketing and communication plan
- Work with the marketing committee and supervise interns to execute the marketing and communication plan
- Develop and maintain key partnerships to support marketing and communication plan
- Manage social, digital, print, outdoor, etc., making sure all sponsor recognition is managed
- Provide press releases for all key Levitt Dayton activity
- Provide reporting of all marketing activity to the Executive Director
- Work with artists’ agents to secure publicity and marketing of concerts
- Oversee brand strategy
- Ensure that the marketing strategy aligns with the fundraising strategy
- Ensure that the community feels invited and welcome to engage with Levitt Dayton
- Participate in public appearances and speaking as needed
Key Responsibility: Cultivate key partnerships in the community to strengthen Levitt Dayton
- Identify and work with community partners for education and engagement opportunities
- Work with artists to create opportunities to connect with community partners
- Support the Fundraising Plan/Strategy by identifying partnerships for major gifts and sponsorship opportunities
- Develop vendor relationships and oversight of vendors on the property
Key Responsibility: Oversight of the experience for all constituents of Levitt Dayton
- Work with the leadership team to develop the programming strategy for the performance season
- Oversee volunteers and interns
- Oversee the Experience Committee and the execution of a high level quality experience for guests of the pavilion
- Oversee VIP decks and partnerships during concerts
- Recognize sponsors onsite with accuracy and consistency
- Manage arrangements and hospitality for VIP guests when visiting
- Ensure that the community feels welcome
- Ensure volunteers, interns and vendors are thanked and acknowledged
Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to develop and implement a marketing and communications plan successfully
· Excellent communication skills, including public relations and press releases
· Excellent presentation and written communication skills
· Excellent business development skills
· Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
· Ability to be a driver to achieving goals and a strong self-starter
· Proven skills in successful event management and customer service
· Ability to manage volunteers and interns
· Passion for and commitment to FLPD’s mission
· Energetic willingness to work hands-on in executing FLPD's strategies, initiatives and programs
· Willingness to work flexible hours including nights and weekends during concert season, and some nights and weekends during the rest of the year.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. Employees will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person with authority to give instructions or assignments.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is eligible for benefits, paid time off and professional development opportunities.
Application Process: Qualified candidates should send cover letter and résumé via email to The Levitt Pavilion Dayton at email@example.com. Closing Date: Friday, March 9, 2018
The Levitt Pavilion Dayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will be sharing more about volunteer opportunities soon, so please keep checking back for more information!
For questions please email us at:
The Levitt Pavilion Dayton